Sunday, October 26, 2014

First grade Mondrian artwork.

I realized that I am so behind on my first grade posts! We are often so busy and engaged in class that I forget to take some pictures during class.

The first graders have been studying Piet Mondrian as well, and were most interested at how he wanted his style of artto be as basic as possible by using simple lines and primary colors.  We discussed vertical and horizontal lines and the principles of design.

They were to create an interesting composition that shows balance and unity with their colors.
 They started with vertical and horizontal lines, then added diagonal lines when making a silouette of a "fall tree."

I will take pictures of their completed projects and update this post this coming week.
They all look so amazing and unique and I apologize for not posting these sooner!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment